Our website will be down for a quick refurbishment
See you soon!
Browsing Category: Uncategorized
Our website will be down for a quick refurbishment
See you soon!
Video:Red Bull Revolutions in sound 2011
At 10am today you will be able to purchase your tickets for one of the 30 innovative club night capsules on the London Eye presented by the one and only Red Bull Music Academy.
Event date :14th of November 2013
Time : 6.00
Price : £15 for capsules , £5 for silent disco
Tickets are available from 10 am on the 10th of october on Red Bull Revolutions In Sound
Promotors include :
Its going to be mega!
When AllCityLivin’ come across information which needs to be heard , we will make sure you hear it . We like to inform you on the blogs that inspire us to step out the box Traversing is what makes life fun , finding that niche that makes you happy to be alive.
Generation Passport will get you out of that box and get Inspired to explore.
Friday 13th’s Try Your Luck supper night kicked off our #FourFridays season with a bang! The full house enjoyed a wonderful evening of entertainment, glorious food and learning and testing everyone’s knowledge of Luck! Dr Matthew Smith (PhD Luck, award winning Luck psychologist, honest look him uphere) presented some interesting scientific findings about ‘lucky’ people, of course the room was full of lucky people by virtue of being a part of our first wonderful evening. watch out for news about Dr. Smith and Urban Woot’s Luck School coming soon. Jesse Dunford Wood and JP from Parlour, Kensal Green, created a magical spread of gorgeous food, (Menu on the right)
Jesse Dunford wood & JP , preparation time.
The food just kept coming, tasty dishes that started conversations and audible “hmmms. Expect the unexpected, wonderful surprises both sweet and savoury.
Urbanwoot x Jesse Dunford Wood x The parlour @Urbanwoot
THE NEXT FOUR FRIDAY’S WITH URBANWOOT X JESSE DUNFORD WOOD X THE PARLOUR WILL BE THIS FRIDAY THE 20TH OF SEPTEMBER
Following on from #FourFridays Friday 13th luxury food fest Urban Woot and Jesse Dunford Wood of Parlour (Kensal Green) would love you to come and share more plates of perfectly created tasty food this Friday. Along side of a luxury quiz about humour, laughter and endorphins, we are delighted to announce that performance poet Errol McGlashon will be guest hosting. Errol promises to bring a smile to your face and stretch your laughing capacity during this evening.
Humour is an amazing medicine, we all need laughter in our lives, the capacity to laugh in the face of adversity is a well known coping mechanism. This evening is about humour, get ready for a fast paced quick humoured quiz on comedy! And of course there will be raffle prizes and great people.
Urbanwoot’s toilet black board
Jesse Dunford Wood X JP (The parlour)
A BIG THANK YOU FROM
OUR EPIC 10TH BIRTHDAY SPECTACULAR WAS A BLAST!
ELTON JOHN SAYS:
“ONE OF THE BEST EVENINGS OF MY CAREER. AMAZING!”
FATBOY SLIM SAYS:
“ONE OF THE CLASSIC GIGS OF THE YEAR”
GRAB YOURSELF A COPY OF ELTON JOHN’S SET
& CHECK OUT OUR AMAZING HIGHLIGHTS GALLERY
EARLYBIRD TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER
Bestival promised you a 10th Birthday Spectacular and that’s exactly what happened! Four incredible days of unadulterated fun made our 10th Bestival the very best one yet. From the simply stunning new arena The Port and the madness of Lionel Richie’s inflatable head, to jaw-dropping headline sets from Fatboy Slim, Snoop Dogg and Elton John, we’ve had the time of our lives aboard HMS Bestival and it’s all down to what a fantastic crowd of sea-faring folk we had with us, so we’d like to say a huge thank you to each and every one of you that made it so special. Thank you!
Rob da Bank says: “Ahoy shipmates! Sadly it’s now time to disembark the good ship HMS Bestival and pack up The Port till next year. Words fail us in the Bestival office as to how fantastic a crowd you guys were and what a spectacle you all made right across the weekend, so big up and respect to all of you. Thanks to Mother Nature for a nearly all sunny show and we hope you all enjoyed all the amazing live acts, DJs, films, comedians, walkabout and actors as much as we did. A vintage year for Bestival and we owe it to all of you. We’re off to wash our hair and think of a theme for Bestival 2014. Get ya thinking caps on”!
There may have been a few showers but they never dampened spirits and there was sunshine and lots of smiling faces every single day. Fatboy Slim raised the bar to new heights for Main Stage headline sets on Friday and told us that it was: “one of the classic gigs of the year!”
Bringing the show to a dizzying climax, the likes of which we may never see again, Elton John and his band, were life affirmingly brilliant and it seems the feeling is mutual as commenting on his set Sir Elton said it was: “One of the best evenings of my career. Amazing!”
If you’re after a lasting memento of one of the greatest sets in Bestival history then you’re in luck as Elton John’s set was recorded live and is now available to buy with a share of proceeds from sales going to charity including the Isle of Wight Youth Trust which offers counselling, advice, information and support services to young people aged 25 and under on the Isle of Wight.
Special guests Concert Live were aboard HMS Bestival and captured Elton’s first UK camping festival set since 1969. Available separately or as part of a special edition bundle offer, featuring a digital edition of Elton’s forthcoming album, ‘The Diving Board’ – order the rarest live recording from Bestival now!
And make sure you check out our fantastic highlights photo gallery with some breathtaking pics from across the weekend!
Finally, if you enjoyed our little trip in HMS Bestival as much as we did, you’ll be pleased to hear that Early Bird tickets for Bestival 2014, which takes place from September 4th – 7th will go on sale at 10am this Friday, 13th September and will be available through our groundbreaking payment plan!
Could it be that many of the words are just stupid informal abbreviations of words that already have meanings or is it that we do not have enough time in our lives to write ‘srsly’ ‘seriously; . Are we now going to base english linguistics on the most common abbreviations and pseudonyms that are used on Facebook and twitter .Some of the words are self explanatory for e.g. click and collect , the meaning is in the f**king context (the chances are when you see this combination of words ,you will be looking at a shop which is ultimately trying to sell you an item which ultimately can be bought at their shop) It really isn’t hard, do we really need to stick the meaning of ‘click and collect’ in the Oxford dictionary. Twerk and Selfie aren’t the most entertaining new words they’ve updated have a look for yourself.
A selection of new words added to Oxford Dictionaries Online ( The most updated version of the English Oxford Dictionary)
• apols, pl. n. (informal): apologies.
• A/W, abbrev.: autumn/winter (denoting or relating to fashion designed for the autumn and winter seasons of a particular year). (See also S/S)
• babymoon, n. (informal): a relaxing or romantic holiday taken by parents-to-be before their baby is born; a period of time following the birth of a baby during which the new parents can focus on establishing a bond with their child.
• balayage, n.: a technique for highlighting hair in which the dye is painted on in such a way as to create a graduated, natural-looking effect.
• bitcoin, n.: a digital currency in which transactions can be performed without the need for a central bank.
• blondie, n.: a small square of dense, pale-coloured cake, typically of a butterscotch or vanilla flavour.
• buzzworthy, adj. (informal): likely to arouse the interest and attention of the public, either by media coverage or word of mouth.
• BYOD, n.: abbreviation of ‘bring your own device’: the practice of allowing the employees of an organization to use their own computers, smartphones, or other devices for work purposes.
• cake pop, n.: a small round piece of cake coated with icing or chocolate and fixed on the end of a stick so as to resemble a lollipop.
• chandelier earring, n.: a long, elaborate dangling earring, typically consisting of various tiers of gemstones, crystals, beads, etc.
• click and collect, n.: a shopping facility whereby a customer can buy or order goods from a store’s website and collect them from a local branch.
• dappy, adj. (informal): silly, disorganized, or lacking concentration.
• derp, exclam. & n. (informal): (used as a substitute for) speech regarded as meaningless or stupid, or to comment on a foolish or stupid action.
• digital detox, n.: a period of time during which a person refrains from using electronic devices such as smartphones or computers, regarded as an opportunity to reduce stress or focus on social interaction in the physical world.
• double denim, n.: a style of dress in which a denim jacket or shirt is worn with a pair of jeans or a denim skirt, often regarded as a breach of fashion etiquette.
• emoji, n: a small digital image or icon used to express an idea or emotion in electronic communication.
• fauxhawk, n: a hairstyle in which a section of hair running from the front to the back of the head stands erect, intended to resemble a Mohican haircut (in which the sides of the head are shaved).
• flatform, n.: a flat shoe with a high, thick sole.
• FOMO, n.: fear of missing out: anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on a social media website.
• food baby, n.: a protruding stomach caused by eating a large quantity of food and supposedly resembling that of a woman in the early stages of pregnancy.
• geek chic, n.: the dress, appearance, and culture associated with computing and technology enthusiasts, regarded as stylish or fashionable.
• girl crush, n. (informal): an intense and typically non-sexual liking or admiration felt by one woman or girl for another.
• grats, pl. n. (informal): congratulations. • guac, n.: guacamole.
• hackerspace, n.: a place in which people with an interest in computing or technology can gather to work on projects while sharing ideas, equipment, and knowledge.
• Internet of things, n.: a proposed development of the Internet in which everyday objects have network connectivity, allowing them to send and receive data.
• jorts, pl. n.: denim shorts.
• LDR, n.: a long-distance relationship. • me time, n. (informal): time spent relaxing on one’s own as opposed to working or doing things for others, seen as an opportunity to reduce stress or restore energy.
• MOOC, n.: a course of study made available over the Internet without charge to a very large number of people.
•omnishambles, n. (informal): a situation that has been comprehensively mismanaged, characterized by a string of blunders and miscalculations.
• pear cider, n.: an alcoholic drink made from the fermented juice of pears.
• phablet, n.: a smartphone having a screen which is intermediate in size between that of a typical smartphone and a tablet computer.
• pixie cut, n.: a woman’s short hairstyle in which the hair is cropped in layers, typically so as to create a slightly tousled effect.
• selfie, n. (informal): a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website.
• space tourism, n.: the practice of travelling into space for recreational purposes.
• squee, exclam. & v. & n. (informal): (used to express) great delight or excitement.
• srsly, adv. (informal): short for ‘seriously’.
• street food, n.: prepared or cooked food sold by vendors in a street or other public location for immediate consumption.
• TL;DR, abbrev.: ‘too long didn’t read’: used as a dismissive response to a lengthy online post, or to introduce a summary of a lengthy post.
• twerk, v.: dance to popular music in a sexually provocative manner involving thrusting hip movements and a low, squatting stance.
• unlike, v.: withdraw one’s liking or approval of (a web page or posting on a social media website that one has previously liked).
• vom, v. & n. (informal): (be) sick; vomit.
“Dear Oxford Dictionary Are you trying to dumb down the English Language , which has already been Dumbed down from the social media sites ? We already have a problem with the over use of the internet to converse with our friends and family , rather than talking face to face or speaking or calling . Next time you’re around your friends or family ,try to say ‘srsly’ in a sentence . I have tried it .It doesn’t work ! Yes, the person understood the context of my sentence but stumbled on some of my pronunciation ………. ”
Look I am no super English linguist or a grammar nazi, but it is pretty pathetic .
Anyway If this is how the Oxford dictionary is rolling , they might as well be quoting its words from the Urban Dictionary .
This is such an interesting article from The R aw Scoop !
Sunday the 11th of August 2013 – The Holi Festival of Colour ,Battersea Power Station
Being promoted as the official Holi festival in London this Summer (not to be confused with rival
Bombay Boogie Soundsystem, K-Paul and Stereo Express from Germany as well as our very own
Benga, it was all set up to be a day filled with beats and colour at Battersea Power Station.
The music didn’t disappoint, sets from DJs earlier in the day were hip hop heavy with a few club
anthems thrown in and a lot of paint covered twerking. Sets got bassier as everyone got messier (in
every way imaginable) with Bengas set being a highlight for dubstep fans and myself, although the
DJs and music as a whole were pretty secondary to the real reason why everyone was at this festival.
Many people have said that the Holi festivals that have been happening in London this Summer
have been a westernisation/bastardisation of the Hindu festival Holi and essentially is monetising
a religious festival. Though I don’t think this is true. In its London form it’s an excuse for people to
throw paint, in the sunshine whilst dancing all day. I spoke to a couple of people at the event who
that it wasn’t as good as the authentic one.
The powder paint throwing part of the day was awesome. A lot of paint throwing is done but the
biggest spectacle was that of the countdowns (pictured above). One of the most ridiculous things I
have experienced in my life. Viewing it from afar is amazing in itself, being in one not so fun. I’m sure
that my lungs are still covered in paint.
Only negatives I have to say about the event was that it was a bit long to buy anything. You had
to change your normal money into tokens which you used to buy everything and tricked you into
thinking you were spending less money. For example, a beer in Holi Festival money was 1.5 tokens.
But, baring in mind 1 token = three quid you could easily spend £15 (5 tokens) without realising it.
Token issues aside, HFC was an epic day. With a proper festival atmosphere with actual happy.
Token issues aside, HFC was an epic day. With a proper festival atmosphere with actual happy
people in London. Which made a change. I hope they do it even bigger when Holi comes around in
– Natalie Compas
RBMA SALUTES 30 OF THE UK’S NOCTURNAL SOULS WHO BUILT THE BEACONS OF NIGHTLIFE FOR A ONE OFF INCAPSULATED EXPERIENCE AT THE LONDON EYE
Red Bull Revolutions in Sound returns to the EDF Energy London Eye on 14th November for a grand finale to an epic celebration of UK club culture as part of Red Bull Music Academy’s 15th Birthday.
In 2011 Revolutions in sound launched presenting 30 gigs in 30 capsules featuring acts from Don Letts to Rob Da Bank. Back again for 2013 Revolutions in sound will be exploring 30 of the UK’s club night king pins .
Hosting the pods on the 14th of November 2013
Danny Rampling’s Acid House incubator Shoom
Steve Strange’s New Romantic haunt The Blitz Club
electro juggernaut Bugged Out!
Gilles Peterson and Patrick Forge’s Talkin’ Loud and Saying Something
Glasgow’s Sub Club
D’n’B stable Metalheadz
Sheffield’s Jive Turkey
West London hip hop party Yo Yo
With more acts to be announced and applications open in September we highly recommend To Keep an eye on Twitter #RevsInSound , where you can stay updated on the event. application ballot and acts .
Revolutions in sound will also be creating a living archive of Club Culture to launch in association with Google+ this online hub will invite Djs, clubs and fans to chart their dance floor meanderings and musical awakenings to create an interactive and ever evolving database of clubbing.
Stussys Newest Collaboration with Yo! MTV Raps Two iconic names ,bringing the best of Hip Hop on to our screens from 1988 to 1995 ,while Stussy brings the best of California style on to bodies around the world. The Stussy X Yo! MTV Raps collection is available at Stussy
This night is a must !
Supplying you with System music to make you mind step. These ultimate dub sessions situated at the intimate Dome venue in Tuffnell Park has been a real favourite for AllCityLivin’ , With the best Dj’s, great crowd and maybe a spot of live Sax , SYSTEM is full of pure good vibes . This event is strictly for the music lovers forget your ego’s at home.
Date : 23rd August 2013
Time : 10:00 till 3.00am
Tickets are £10 in advance more on the door
See you there .
Music From The Streets Of London
Neasden , North West London
If you ever happen to be in Neasden you may have exchanged a smile with this lovely fellow , who entertains and puts a smile on the faces of the passing people in Neasden, with his free beautifully performances.
The Great Stage – Sir David ‘Ram Jam’ Rodigan
SECRET GARDEN PARTY 25th – 28th July 2013
Secret Garden Party you always seem to blow my mind, year after year .The many ways you entice me into your nooks and crannies can only be described in person , but trust me it will turn you on ! . We started the festival on Thursday with a plan of action and a timetable of who shall entertain me from Thursday to Sunday , but end up being dazzled , like a black birds eying up shiny jewels ,by an array of music and dance which heavenly interrupts my travels to my previously chosen entertainer . This happened all through my time at Secret Garden Party but i must say that is the beauty of it , round every corner you have some sort of goings on which the luxury of this festival is that you will get enticed into every worldly experience One of our favorites was the naked plunge pool.
Secret Garden Party – Art Instalation
AllCityLivin’ Favourite Secret Garden Party Moments :
Disclosure b2b Skream b2b zed bias b2b artwork – The Drop
De Fuego – Small world stage
Dismantle & Breakage – The Temple of boom
The Naked plunge pool
Eats everything – The Drop
Son of dave – The Drop
Dusky – The pagoda (Sunny Saturday on the Pagoda)
Faithless live – The great stage
Goldie – The temple of boom
Sam and the Womp – Where the wild things are
The Drop – The Rhumba Bar
Dj Die – The Drop
The Main Stage – Sir David Ram Jam Rodigan
Come on people , Join us next year for more fun and frolics , put it on your ” things to do before i die” list and get down to Secret Garden Party.One for all the family young and old , you’ll all be getting down to anything from swing to drum n bass presented by some of the finest artists in music. This magically special place in the heart of picturesque Cambridgeshire will never leave you disappointed (until you have to leave) and like a horny teenage boy , you’ll just want more and more .
See you next year !
The Temple Of Boom – Goldie
The Great Stage
Its that time of the year again , Nottinghill Carnival Is just round the corner and Red Bull Music Academy are back once again to bless West London’s Under The Westway with a mighty array of carnival selectors.
Taking the reigns this year from Previous hosts Major Lazer , Will be the Don Dada of Dub and reggae Sir David ‘Ram Jam’ Rodigan . Rodigan has selected some of the finest artists to brace our ears today from Damian ‘Jr Gong Marley , XXXY , Disclosure , Wayne Marshall and more , not to forget the very special guests .
There is only one place to be on the 26th and that’s Nottinghill Carnival .
For a chance to attend this very special Red Bull Music Academy Soundsystem party Tickets will be available by a ballot held at redbull.co.uk/carnival. The ballot will be open to entry from 10am on Monday 12th August until 5pm on Friday 16th August. Lucky entrants will then be notified on Monday 19th August.
Subscribe to Red Bull Music Academy to keep up to date with News and Future events Red Bull Music Academy
We are bringing it back a couple of years to salute one of Londons finest Grime producers today, Darq E Freaker . If you haven’t heard of him ,You may know him by his track Blueberry featuring Detroit Hip Hop artist Danny Brown.
To give you a Taster of what’s to come :Skream & Disclosure B2B Boiler room
Secret Gardeners are you ready , only 7 days till Secret Garden Party commences and if you didn’t know already you’ll be surprised to know there are a few artists and D.J’s they don’t put on the line up to give you that extra pizzazz of surprise.
On Saturday the 27th of July on the Intimate Pagoda stage (situated on the lake) ,Disclosure , Skream , Zed Bias aka Maddslinky Artwork will be tearing it up for 4 hours .
With the weather predicting lows of 10 degrees at night and highs of 32 day time , Saturday is looking Hot in every way (Forget those wellies at home)
Brand new Mike Skinner Remix of Context Mc’s poignant new track ‘Small Town Lad Sentiments’
Mike skinner fine tunes the track into a classic ‘Skinner’ Garage vibe turning the track into a blissful summer banger .
Check out Context original track ‘Small Town Lad Sentiment’ Out Now
The whole of spain is inundated with colorful grafiti , Could have something to do with the Montana warehouse being situated near barcelona , But who knows .
All i know is there is nothing better than to see a colorful work of art on the walls as the sun gleams on it .
If you ever get the chance to go to Lloret de mar , Check out the sewers miles of great dubs and pieces.
To Be Contiued….
On Saturday the 6th of July 2013 , Me and a group of friends decided to take on the sun for an early morning swim at Hampstead Heath ponds . Assuming we had beaten the crowds of sun worshipers we arrived at the mixed pools around 11.30 am(early we thought) but it looked like everyone had our great idea , baring in mind there were hundreds of people already here for ‘the race for life’ the Heath was swamped.
Once at the ponds for a couple of hours the crowds got bigger as the sun got stronger ,It reminded me of the beaches of Barcelona .Space was a real free for all , with many people just dumping their clothes down and jumping in .
The vibes where great ,hundreds of happy londoners spread accross a beautiful north west london heath.With Hashish flowing in the air , Ciders at the ready and an interesting influx of Nitros balloons and acid . It felt almost like a modern summer of love .
We well Reccomended Hampstead Heath for your open air swimming and summer jams . Trust me its as good , even better than being on the beach .
No need to make your summer Playlist .SBTRKT’s Boiler Room set will suit all your needs.
The picture Set and the soundtrack is produced by The Red Bull Music Academy alumni ,the great Dj and producer representing Perth , Ta-Ku.
All city Livin’ are definitely feeling this guys vibes , supplying some real cinematic hip hop beats this is definitely a great album for all you M.C’s and rappers out there .With Ta-Ku laying the soulful hip hop foundations for your delivery.
All City Livin’ is off Espania this week, for 7 days of Pure Drum’nBass and Jungle on the sunny shores of Lloret De Mar , Barcelona .This year they are celebrating 10 years of raving in Spain,taking over colossos and Europes biggest water park once again .Delivering the best in b and Jungle from Grooverider , Andy C to Kenny Ken ,All you drum and bass fans, this is one not to miss .
Catch him at Dour Festival This year 17-21st of July 2013
For tickets check out Dour
For more information on Flume check out
FAITHLESS LIVE PA & DJ SET
The legendary British act have just confirmed they will be performing at this year’s Secret Garden Party. Maxi Jazz and Sister Bliss return with an array of dance classics includingInsomnia and We Come 1. Arriving at the forefront of the mid-nineties dance movement, the group went on to win numerous accolades including Brit Awards during their reign as the UK’s leading dance pioneers.
Sister Bliss said: “Really looking forward to playing at Secret Garden Party.
As well as being a brilliant line up in a magical setting, it’s also our first time playing there, so we can’t wait to find out what delights are in store!
Think you may find us enjoying Rebel Bingo after the show… it’s going to be a Crazy English summer for sure!”
See you in the garden in July !